March Color Challenge for Lindy's

Hello Everyone!

Lindy's March’s challenge is about cars.
Colour-wise, this month's Lindy's challenge was close to my heart, but the theme made it a little difficult. When I saw it, I thought of a garage right away, so I chose a basis for this work to make a key holder on a wall.

I primed the wooden base with white gesso and then used some cut-outs from Ciao Bella's Collateral Rust paper collection. I applied Black Sand paste to get a grainy result, then applied a minimal amount of Crackling paste. I used a 3D matte gel to glue on letters cut from a texture sheet. I applied a layer of clear gesso to the paper cut-out so it would be visible after painting. Although I did manage to cover it up in the end.

I coloured it with Whale Watch Blue and Galactic Teal Starburst mists, then applied C'est la vie Cerise and Tilt-A -Wheel Teal Flat Fabio mists. To achieve a slightly deeper tone, I used one of my favourite magical powders, Time Travel Teal, followed by Mad Hatter Mint to add a little green to the blue-grey hatch.

On the mould elements I sprayed Fairy Garden Green Starburts and Pirate's Plunder Gold Moon Shadow mist and a little Fairy Garden Green magical powder.


Then I greased the metal grids and Woodouts gears with white gesso, then applied rust effect paste. I sprayed on Pirate's Plunder Gold and Greased Lightnin' Green mist, then dripped Poutine Gold Squirts in a few places. Finally, I sprinkled Gimme Five Gold embossing powder on the gears.

The screws fill in the hanger part, I put Hyacinth Blue Jade embossing powder on them.


After putting it together, I used a brick stamp and then applied vintage gold wax to both the grids and the mould elements. As a second last step, I added grainy decorative elements. Finally, I sprayed on Blazing Black Flat fabio mist.
Tutorial here: https://youtu.be/aI5sRS-yxkM








Have a nice day :)

Hugs: Marietta

I used:
Prima - Finnabair Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - White
Ciao Bella - Collateral Rust
Stamperia - Soft Mould - Lady Vagabond Lifestyle alphabet
Prima - Finnabair Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - Black Sand
Prima - Finnabair Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - White Crackle
Prima - Finnabair Art Basics - 3D Matte Gel
Prima - Finnabair Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - Clear
Prima Re-design Mould - Numerals
Prima - Finnabair Mould - Mechanica
Prima - Finnabair Mould - Cogs & Wings
Lindy's Gang - Starburst - Fairy Garden Green
Lindy's Gang - Moon Shadow - Pirate's Plunder Gold
Lindy's Gang - Enchanted Forest Magicals - Fairy Garden Green
Lindy's Gang - Starburst - Whale Watch Blue
Lindy's Gang - Starburst - Galactic Teal
Lindy’s Gang - Flat Fabio - C'est la vie Cerise
Lindy’s Gang - Flat Fabio - Tilt-A-Wheel Teal
Lindy’s Gang - Flat Fabio - Greased Lightnin' Green
Lindy’s Gang - Flat Fabio - Blazing Black
Lindy’s Gang - Starburst Squirts - Poutine Gold
Lindy’s Gang - Industrial Chic Shimmer Magicals - Time Travel Teal
Lindy’s Gang - Mad Hatter Magicals - Mad Hatter Mint
Lindy’s Gang - EP - Gimme Five Gold
Lindy's Gang - EP - Hyacinth Blue Jade
Woodouts - Trybiki zestaw 5 sztuk - różne wielkości
Prima - Finnabair Art Extravagance - Rust Effect Paste - Brown Rust
Stamperia - Rubber Stamp - Bricks
Carabelle Studio - Mini Damier
Prima - Finnabair Art Ingredients - Glitter Set - Mardi Gras
Prima - Finnabair Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold
Prima - Finnabair Art Basics - Soft Gloss Gel
Prima - Finnabair Art Ingredients - Glass Glitter - Copper

Megjegyzések

Popular posts

Vintage Tags

Steampunk naptár - Steampunk calendar

Mixed Media Altered Bottle

Vintage AJ- Art Daily Cafe